This recipe had me at stuffing. I love stuffing.
Not that these spinach balls have absolutely anything to do with Thanksgiving, nor should I be even thinking about Thanksgiving in July, but stuffing is my favorite Thanksgiving food.
So mixing seasoned stuffing with a whole lot of spinach and turning it into a two-bite little spinach ball treat? Oh, yes, ... I'm all about that.
Besides their great flavor, a huge bonus of these Spinach Balls is that they're freezer-friendly. They work very well to be made ahead, frozen, and then just quickly reheated in the oven or the microwave. Which makes them perfect quick-grab party or snacking fare.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 (10 oz.) packages frozen spinach, thawed & well-drained
- 2 small onions, very finely chopped (I use a food processor)
- 2 1/4 c. stuffing with herbs (I use Pepperidge Farm)
- Mix all ingredients until well combined. Form into about 1" balls; place on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Makes approximately 60 balls.
Recipe Adapted From: thekitchenismyplayground.com