- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or canola oil
- 2 pounds chicken breast or chicken thighs cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Cornstarch Slurry:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon apple juice or water
- sesame seeds
- green onions
- In a medium bowl combine: soy sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, rice wine vinegar, apple juice and ketchup. Stir well and set sauce aside.
- Add sesame oil to a large skillet or wok and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and sauté until fully cooked and browned.
- Add in garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and chili powder. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add sauce to the chicken and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and apple juice or you can use water.
- Slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce and stir frequently until thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- If you want to thicken the sauce more, add more cornstarch slurry..
- Serve immediately over rice or noodles, garnished with sesame seeds and green onions.
full recipes >> here