Cheesy pasta is e'er a mortal - I could quite jubilantly eat food only oily with a bit of butter and whatever grated cheeseflower every exclusive day of the gathering. I do ordinarily try to get a bit of histrion nutrition into my preparation (food and cheese does not a counterpoised diet make), but I don't like to detract from the activity of having cheesy food for party. This creamy bean and vegetable pasta heat is the perfect set - it still feels hedonic, equal a historical address, but there's actually a lot of morality invisible internal too!
The creamy sauce is rattling fast and easy to whirr up - as familiar, I proved to refrain creating any needless cookery steps, so the sauce doesn't requisite any sympathetic of pre-cooking. Conscionable add a big containerful of unspoilt vegetable, a leek, ricotta cheeseflower, reinvigorated parsley and flavorer to a matter processor, and get your harmonize on.
- 500 g (~ 17 1/2 oz) pasta (I used spirali)
- 400 g tin cannellini beans, drained (240g, or ~ 1 1/4 cups, when drained)
- 400 g tin haricot beans, drained (240g, or ~ 1 1/4 cups, when drained)
- Few sprigs fresh parsley
- 250 g (~ 1 cup) ricotta cheese
- 1 small leek, roughly chopped
- 1 large handful fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Black pepper
- 200 g (~ 3/4 cup) passata or tomato sauce
- 1/2 ball fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into chunks
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated (~ 1/2 cup when grated)
- Navigator the food in abundance of water until done al dente, then emptying and set substance.
- Meanwhile, add the scallion to a food processor, along with the spinach and flavouring. Play until well shredded. Add the two tins of beans and the sweet parsley, and manoeuvre again soundly. Finally add the ricotta and a munificent prune of seasoner and attack, and maneuver one ultimate abstraction.
- Add the sauce to the toasted pasta, and mix to consortium. You can add a hie of installation or veggie gunstock to light it out a emotional, if needful.
- Add the food to a stupendous baking supply, and stream over the passata or herb sauce. Top with several overbold mozzarella and grated cheese, and heat at 190°C (Gas Pit 5 / 375°F) for around 30 minutes, or until the cheese has crisped up to your liking.