1.5lbchickenpreferably with skin on (about 5-6 pieces, thighs and leg pieces are best)
3carrotscut into ½ inch pieces
3celery stalkscut into chunks
Salt and pepper to taste
Few sprigs of rosemary
2cupsof chicken stock
2teaspoonred wine vinegar
¼cupflourfor gluten free option use – corn starch, rice flour or arrow root flour
1. Add chicken pieces (thighs and legs with skin on) into the pot along with onions, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, celery stalks, garlic, salt and pepper, bay leaf, rosemary leaves, worscestershire sauce and little chicken stock or water into the pot.
2. Put the lid on and make sure the pressure valve is in sealing position. Use manual setting and adjust timer to 10 minutes. Remember instant pot will take time to build pressure, about 20 minutes. Only after that the cooking timer will start.
3. Once cooking time is over, allow instant pot to sit for 10 minutes (Natural pressure release).
4. Turn pressure valve to venting position to release any pressure left in the pot.
5. Open the lid.
6. Stir in red wine vinegar. In a small bowl whisk flour with water. Pour into the pot.
7. Select saute setting and let stew simmer for 3-4 minutes more or until it thickens. Remember chicken stew will thicken as it cools down.
8. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve it with crusty warm bread.
If you don't like even a tiny weeny bit of fat in your stew, use skinless chicken, remove any extra fat.
Before serving shred chicken well.
To make it even more easier, use boneless chicken so shredding is less work. But note, chicken with bones adds more flavor to the stew.