Are your mornings as hectic as mine? My mornings always seem to be a bit chaotic. First off, I am NOT a morning person. The snooze button is my friend. Once I’m finally up, I wake Z.E.N. up and head to the kitchen for my usual morning routine of getting breakfast ready and packing lunch. Breakfast used to be a hassle because Z.E.N. could never what he wanted to eat and I’d wind up scrambling to get him fed. When you add the fact that I also have to make a hot lunch for his lunch box, the result was that we were always running late.
I had to figure out a way to simplify breakfast. I advised Z.E.N. that his breakfast choices would be limited to things that were either already prepared, or that can be prepared quickly. For example, whenever we make pancakes, I make an extra batch that I can freeze for later. When Z.E.N. wants pancakes, all I have to do is pop the previously frozen pancakes in the microwave.
- 1 cup Nonfat Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1cup Cheerios
- 1/2cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1Tbs granola
- To assemble the parfait, layer the yogurt, Cheerios, and fruit in a container. Top with granola.
- One thing I love about this Cheerios parfait recipe is that it is very easy to customize. You can experiment with different combinations of yogurt, fruits, Cheerios, and granola.
Recipe Adapted From: jugglingfamilylife.com