These tasty oil-free air fryer chips will totally blow your mind – and satisfy your craving for something crunchy and delicious without compromising on health.
layer the potatoes in the air fryer. Place them in no more than 4 layers. Adding too many potato slices to your air fryer will cause uneven cooking. Fry at 170 degrees for 20-25 minutes (flipping and shaking around the basket every 5 minutes or so), or until the potatoes are dry to the touch and no longer flimsy. Bump the temperature up to 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until the potatoes have crisped up.
- 2 Large Red Potatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves crushed or minced
- 2 tbsp homemade vegan parmesan
- Thinly slice the potatoes. I recommend using a mandolin (I use a 1.5mm blade.)
- Place the sliced potatoes in a bowl and fill with water. Mix in 2 teaspoons of salt. Let soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the potatoes. Pat dry.
- Toss the potatoes with crushed garlic and vegan parmesan.
- Layer half of the potato slices in the air fryer, in no more than 4 or so layers. Don't overload the air fryer or the chips won't cook evenly.
- Fry at 170 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, or until dry to the touch and no longer flimsy. Stir and toss the basket every 5 minutes or so.
- Bump the temperature up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and fry for an additional 5 minutes or until the potatoes have become crunchy.
- Remove from the air fryer and top with more vegan parm or salt.
- Repeat for the other half of the potato slices.
- Snack away!
Recipe Adapted From: karissasvegankitchen.com